Choosing the right holiday home or lodge and park location that’s perfectly suited to your individual requirements is an important decision. We have included a short guide to helping you choose the park and holiday home that is right for you as you are not just buying a holiday home you are buying a lifestyle!
As a family owned Holiday Park, there’s always someone on hand here at Swaleview Park to answer any questions or queries you may have. We have been established for over 60 years so we have lots of experience we can share with you. Feel free to drop in any time and take a look around The Park or call in and have a chat with us, we’d be happy to help. You can find out more about buying and owning a holiday home at Swaleview Park on our Buying Made Easy and FAQ pages.
First Steps to Choosing A Park
- Is the Park within a reasonable commuting distance? A comfortable journey from home ensures that you can make the most of your leisure time.
- Make sure the park is right for you and your lifestyle/leisure pursuits. Ask if there are restaurants, leisure facilities, and scenic walks nearby. Does the park have a play area, access to a river/pond for fishing? Are dogs allowed?
- Meet the park owners/managers and ask questions and more questions see above!!
- Does the park have a holiday or a residential license?
- Is the Park a member of a recognized professional trade association?
- Will you receive a written contract for the holiday home and how long is the licence for a holiday home or lodge?
- Are there any important clauses in the agreement or park rules you need to be aware of?
- Are there any dates when the Park is closed?
- Is the park owner/manager resident on the park?
- Ensure that you clarify what the annual running costs of the holiday home include. Does the pitch fee include rates and water charges or are they an additional cost? Find out the annual costs of electric, gas and insurance.
Buying a Holiday Home or Lodge
- Choose the holiday home that suits your lifestyle; for example consider size and if you require a two or three bedroom model.
- Research a wide range of models and manufacturers to find the holiday home that is perfect for you. Choose from standard models offering both comfort and affordability to more luxurious holiday homes and lodges offering luxurious décor, fitted appliances, en-suites and walk in wardrobes.
- Consider a holiday home which includes central heating and double glazing which provide luxury and comfort even in the cooler seasons.
- Choose the layout of the model which is best suited to both you and your family. You may prefer an open plan family area or a separate sitting and dining room.
- Find out exactly what is included in the price of the holiday home. Are there any extras included and are siting, transport and commissioning included in the price?
- Can you choose from a range of pitches on the park?
- Can you sell the holiday home and what are the costs involved?
- Can you trade the holiday home or lodge against another model on the park?
- Check if the park allows decking and the costs involved.
- Remember to choose the holiday home and park best suited to your lifestyle!!
*This is our own opinions and it’s intended as a guide. Obviously we can’t accept responsibility for any damages, loss, financial or otherwise that may result from following any advice given here.